Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Anyone Watching CSGO Major?

Subscribe to this thread
I've posted about watching/playing cs on here before and didn't get too many responses. But since it has been a couple of months maybe some new members are interested?

Was wondering if anyone here has been keeping up with the upcoming csgo major. Don't really have anyone else to discuss it with outside of reddit :/

Personally, just hope some old teams like NiP or G2 make it out of groups.
(14-02-2019, 02:02 AM)bob3299 Wrote: I've posted about watching/playing cs on here before and didn't get too many responses. But since it has been a couple of months maybe some new members are interested?

Was wondering if anyone here has been keeping up with the upcoming csgo major. Don't really have anyone else to discuss it with outside of reddit :/

Personally, just hope some old teams like NiP or G2 make it out of groups.

Sorry, dont know what csgo major is.

Celeb Big Brother 2 Finale is on Tonight.
Well, i also don't anything about it,sorry.

May be you could explain it to us?

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
(14-02-2019, 11:09 AM)DA Wrote: Well, i also don't anything about it,sorry.

May be you could explain it to us?

Yeah sure! CS:GO is a video game, it's short for counter strike:global offensive. It's a first person shooter game on PC and it's really popular in the esports world. It's quite a hard game as you have to be good at the game itself and also good at communicating strategies with teammates. There are huge tournaments taking place every year. The biggest tournament is the "major", kind of like UCL finals, and the prize money is $1 million. The major takes place two times a year around the world in different stadiums. But there are plenty of other tournaments throughout the year for 500,000 or so. 

This year the major is taking place in Katowice, Poland. It's highly anticipated as there are many newer teams making it this far than previous years. 

It's more fun to watch as the teams and production values have really increased. It's insane how much these players get paid and how much theory they put towards the game.. it's honestly like playing a first person chess at this point. Many of the top teams now employ psychologists for their own players, coaches, and analysts.

As a viewer, it is a pretty intuitive sport. A team of 5 plays against another team of 5, one's objective is to plant the bomb and the other is to prevent the plant or defuse the bomb.
Wow, what an explanation!

Thankyou a lot, i hope to get it a try ,if time allows.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
Is it always the same game, or do They change it ?

Sounds like you have to be a Serious Gamer for that.
(15-02-2019, 01:51 AM)WetToiletPaper712 Wrote: Is it always the same game, or do They change it ?

Sounds like you have to be a Serious Gamer for that.

Hm I'm not exactly sure what that means, but yes I suppose it's the same game that is played.

There is a lot of variety though within the game. At a macro level, there are a total of 6 maps in the "active map pool". Teams choose to work on maps during practice. Each maps is vastly different from the other. So to be good on even one map, a team has to spend countless hours going into which spots each player should cover, which flashbangs or smoke grenades to throw and when to throw it. And since for each game both teams switch between the counter terrorist and terrorist side, teams have to go over plans for both sides on the maps they choose to focus on. Before any team plays, they have to do a "veto", where they can ban maps and vice versa.. and teams generally ban maps that they think the opponent is stronger on. 

Though there's a lot of small details in the game, generally I think any casual fans can watch it even if they don't understand exactly what's happening. A lot of fans get behind teams just like in football. For example there was a huge following from polish fans with the team Virtus Pro for years. And just last year the team Cloud9 became the first North American team to win a major, and if you look up videos from that win, it was very intense for north american fans.

(15-02-2019, 12:10 AM)DA Wrote: Wow, what an explanation!

Thankyou a lot, i hope to get it a try ,if time allows.

Thanks for reading my explanation! Yeah I think it's a very fun sport to watch, especially right now as the major is happening! You don't even need to know much about the game, you could just find a team currently in the tournament from your region or country and root for them! The score board on the top of the screen is simple, so it's easy to see what's happening in a match.

Here are the results as of today if you want to see if a team from your region is still in the race: https://www.intelextrememasters.com/seas...lts-major/#
My Brother use to Play the Shooting type games, and he got use to where the enemy would come from and which weapon they would have, etc.

But nothing as complex as your game.

The NFL, I tend to root for the Players that I like from that Team.

The NBA, I never really watched much, but years ago, when Larry Bird, etc was with the Boston Celtics, I liked them alot.

In your Game I would like to learn about the Players, and root for them.

Can you watch it LIVE, or Video Clips after its played ?
(16-02-2019, 07:26 PM)WetToiletPaper712 Wrote: My Brother use to Play the Shooting type games, and he got use to where the enemy would come from and which weapon they would have, etc.

But nothing as complex as your game.

The NFL, I tend to root for the Players that I like from that Team.

The NBA, I never really watched much, but years ago, when Larry Bird, etc was with the Boston Celtics, I liked them alot.

In your Game I would like to learn about the Players, and root for them.

Can you watch it LIVE, or Video Clips after its played ?
The game really doesn't seem to complex to me once you understand the mechanics and strategy behind decisions. So in a sense, I'm sure it's not so different from what your brother played!

Yeah I understand that about rooting for players! For example, my favorite player is s1mple, he's this ukranian player and currently ranked number 1 in the world.

You can find many videos online! On youtube you could search CSGO highlights or major highlights. In 2014-2015 a really popular player was KennyS, he was like meme level popular. Just today actually, and for the next two weeks or so, you can watch the current CSGO major on twitch. I'll attach the link below. Right now as I'm typing this up it's the team G2 vs Tyloo. G2 is a french team and has the player i previously mentioned KennyS, although his performance has dropped somewhat. And Tyloo is a chinese team. Both teams are playing to avoid relegation and to move onto the next stage of the tournament!

Right now they're playing "closed qualifier" which means it's not in a stadium. But come next week, the teams that make it to the next stage will be playing in a huge arena, so then you can see how popular this has become! Or in the meantime, if you look up previous CSGO major clips on youtube, it gives you a sense how awesome it can be. Actually I'll attach the clip from last year's Boston major, where C9, became the north american team in CSGO history to win a major.. you can even see one of the players crying.

Link to current livestreamed major: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo
Cloud9 2018 Major Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5JolypRhQM
You sound Like me, when I talk about Big Brother.

When I watch the LIVE Feeds of Big Brother, you get to know the House-guests/Players.

You see the Strategy, and see how they deal with things.

I will check out your Links, Thanks.