Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[Cracking Discussion] Recommended first steps

Subscribe to this thread
Hi all,

A big thanks to @ DA and various moderators for creating and maintaining CS - I'm just getting started with the site and community and it looks great so far.

I've been browsing around the various threads and discussions, mainly around cracking as this is where I'd like to start learning, as well as the YT videos from @ DA - I'm a complete beginner with any of this and although I'd consider myself experienced with computing (as a long term user, dev programmer, etc) I know next to nothing about cracking - the various methods, what can be achieved, the tools available etc.

I appreciate that there is a strong need to maintain integrity for the community and those members who contribute so absolutely understand why many tutorials and tools are locked down. With that in mind, does anyone have any resources that can be shared for a beginner in terms of how I should start, what I can achieve and what tools I need to do so. I'm happy to try and find these tools myself until I meet the requirements of this form to request access to the various accounts and tutorials but in the meantime, until I learn and can contribute with my own basic cracks, I was hoping for anyone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading, really appreciate all the effort I can see on the site so far, even if I can't access much at the moment. I'd also be more than happy to donate once I can get started with things and get involved a bit.

Apologies also if this is the wrong place for this post.

Regards.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to likwid for this post:
  • DA
Hello!

If you have watched CS youtube channel, you can already find many important steps to start with.

Are you planing to learn how to crack?

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
Hi @ DA, thanks for the reply.

That's true - the videos were really helpful for seeing practically what a crack looks like for say, a POST auth site. I didn't know that's what the process was and what the tools were/how they were used. As soon as I can get a hold of the same tools I'd like to try the same, as the process looked fairly simple, given that you've shared the method and that the tools are quite powerful and straightforward.

I am looking to learn to crack, though I don't even know exactly what is possible there - that's what I'm looking to learn. I'd like to find out what kind of sites/services/software is crackable, how one can go about it, how to keep safe/anonymous, etc, how to practise. I think it makes sense to start small at the absolute basics then investigate some of the more advanced topics I've seen on this site.

Ultimately I want to know what can be done, then to learn how to get there. Would love to utilise the knowledge of the experts here to do that and to contribute with my own results as I do so.
Have a look here

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DA for this post:
  • likwid
Missed this, thanks. I'll have a look through the discussions.