Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Gaming] 3d platformers! relics of the past? or timeless concept?

Subscribe to this thread
so recently with nintendos announcement of the mario 3d allstars collection i have been thinking allot about 3d platformers and their place in gameing! Originally they came about because games were increadibly hard to develop in the past and so creating a world in which "the game" is simply to traverse the world and get from A to B was a natural step for early gameing! but as tech got better and more powerful, games quicly moved onto more complicated things with newer mechanics such as fighting, shooting, quests, xp. The gameing world largely moved on from 3d platformers where you simply get from here to there. Nintendo obviously is one of the few larger tripple A companys that make 3d platformers still and they still have a large audience of fans, but most other people i think largerly find platformers boreing, so i have a question for you! do you think that you have to have been born in the 80's/90's and have grown up playing simple platformers to enjoy them as an adult? Simply put do u think that modern kids/teenagers who now have access to vast complex games like red dead redemption 2 or fortnight etc etc can still be entertained by simply jumping and walking and if so do you think that 3d platformers will die out soon? I personally find myself in the middle i occasionally a good 3d platformer like mario odyssy but i much much prefer more complicated and "gamey games" lmao. But i have found that as i have gotten older that i do apreciate the purity of 3d platformers in that they have such a simple concept, which is perhaps why they have managed to against all probbibilty stay... at all relevent in a gameing landscape that has such technical achievements as red dead redemption 2 and god of war! 

Hope you enjoyed my thoughts! leme know what u guys think? do u like 3d platformers? do you think they are outdated, and do you think the newer generations of kids and adults who didnt experience them as a kid will find them boreing!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wormtail39 for this post:
  • StivnQ
Even I am old school I never liked platform games. Doesn't matter if they were 2 or 3d somehow I never got addicted to them. However, due to their simplicity I believe they could last for a much more time. It's just question if the game creators and companies will continue to create and offer them to gaming market.
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr. James Bond for this post:
  • wormtail39
(07-09-2020, 09:29 PM)Mr. James Bond Wrote: Even I am old school I never liked platform games. Doesn't matter if they were 2 or 3d somehow I never got addicted to them. However, due to their simplicity I believe they could last for a much more time. It's just question if the game creators and companies will continue to create and offer them to gaming market.
haha yeah i think their probbibly allways will be a small market for them, are u much of a gamer?
(08-09-2020, 10:07 AM)wormtail39 Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:29 PM)Mr. James Bond Wrote: Even I am old school I never liked platform games. Doesn't matter if they were 2 or 3d somehow I never got addicted to them. However, due to their simplicity I believe they could last for a much more time. It's just question if the game creators and companies will continue to create and offer them to gaming market.
haha yeah i think their probbibly allways will be a small market for them, are u much of a gamer?
I was. I have no time for serious gaming. The only game I am still playing is forge of empires. In general I have preferred strategic and longer games over quick, rushing ones.
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
Actually I like platformers, DKC, Banjo Kazooie, R&C, Klonoa, SMW, SMG1,2, Mario 64, Sunshine etc.
Have enjoyed those games, got 100% on all, even on SMG (yes, a true and real 100%).

I am tempted to buy Mario Collection for the NS, but 60,00€, that's way too much 
Nintendo surely doesn't now a thing about the cost-efficiency 

BTW One of the GOW thropies had some platforming elements  included
Read the Rules, please.