Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Gaming] Games with great storylines?

Subscribe to this thread
Hey guys,

Without any spoilers which games do you enjoy when it comes to story? Currently I am enjoying both Ryse: Son of Rome and Disco Elysium's stories. I like to try a few others.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hilmi1 for this post:
  • dkanon
(09-06-2022, 11:09 PM)hilmi1 Wrote: Hey guys,

Without any spoilers which games do you enjoy when it comes to story? Currently I am enjoying both Ryse: Son of Rome and Disco Elysium's stories. I like to try a few others.

I absolutely loved Disco Elysium - the story stood out for sure, but everything else about it was good too. 
The writing, music, and the mechanics.

Another game which I think has a good story is Bioshock.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dkanon for this post:
  • hilmi1
I am actually playing Bioshock right now. Nice coincidence
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hilmi1 for this post:
  • dkanon
God of War and Red Dead 2 are probably my favorites, I have beaten God of War probably 8 times, can't wait for Ragnarok.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cameron1010 for this post:
  • hilmi1
Unfortunately never had a chance to play these two but I know they are absolute classics. Thanks!
Telltale games.

If you like narrative games you will probably love the, but you need a few disclaimer first.

It's a studio that went bankrupt because it made too many games without changing/renewing their core idea of gameplay (choice with impact on story and QTE)

So, not all telltale games are worth it.

I played all of them so I can spare you a few errance if you are interested.

- The walking dead: the one you should do. (4 seasons). 
They also did a michonne walking dead, but I'm not talking about this one.

- The wolf among us: definitely a surprise and definitely worth it especially besause a long-awaited second season will be released soon apparently

- Tales from the borderland: 

- The two batman games. 

Now the king of all storyteling game is of course Detroit: become human. 

No competition there especially if you like games with storyline branching
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kaoxx287 for this post:
  • hilmi1
Thank you @ kaoxx287!

I know about the Telltale games. Actually very recently watched a video about the studio, how they arise and bankrupt etc. Never played any of their games though! It is definitely a great idea. I will try Batman, although it is not regarded as their best game.
(06-07-2022, 03:02 PM)hilmi1 Wrote: Thank you @ kaoxx287!

I know about the Telltale games. Actually very recently watched a video about the studio, how they arise and bankrupt etc. Never played any of their games though! It is definitely a great idea. I will try Batman, although it is not regarded as their best game.
definitely recommended their games, but you have to keep in mind that there is a reason for their failure as an entreprise (above a bad gestion and having their eyes bigger than their stomach)

Their gameplay is simplistic, but effective if the story is good. It's definitely the case for all the game I quoted. However, for characters well known like the batman, I find it more difficult to make choice that will contradict their true nature. (The first batman game wasn't that bothering me on that particular point, but it became obvious in the second which made me never finish it)

Moreover, don't try to save and load a bunch of times to see the impact of your various choices on the story as I did. Most of the time, it is very limited (unlike in detroit become human)

With their game you just have to enjoy their story without thinking too much about it.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kaoxx287 for this post:
  • hilmi1, Teraklo
Will do sir! Thank you for the valuable comments.
You must take a look Bethesda's Fallout 3. A lil' bit old but sure thing is, the game has its own atmosphere. For me, it is a true post apocalyptic experience... The games came after Fallout 3 are looks like post-post apocalyptic worlds.
Being a wagecuck is harder than you think....