Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Gaming] The Binding of Isaac: Repentance

Subscribe to this thread
(05-11-2021, 01:39 PM)StivnQ Wrote: @ wormtail39

The game is finally out on the Switch.
Hint ---> I have an US copy of the game, so this is how I got it from the Nintendo Store.
20.00 USD - game card bought online.

BTW The game is:

a) awesome
b) awesome 
c) awesome
d) completely unknown to me - they have changed everything
e) 10x as hard as the AB+ was/is
f) responsive (in terms of controls)
g) MUST HAVE for every Switch owner
h) not gonna spoil anything to you, WT 

P.S. I have cancelled my preorder made like 6-7 months ago and am waiting for the refund now
omg its out! thanks so much for the heads up bro im so excited! how is its performance on the switch? can it handle it! omgomgomg!

edit i cant find any videos of it on the switch on youtube i really wana know it runs! because i heard its way more complicated graphically
The proof

[attachment=867]

I have played 5 games/runs and haven't noticed a single hick-ups yet.
Although people have been saying there are some - similar to the AB+.

BTW The games feel ''newer'', if feels comfortably awkward playing it  
The best 10+ usd I have spent this year, lol.

P.S. If by any chance you have UK game (aka EU version), you'll have to wait for a quite some time, according to Reddit.
Read the Rules, please.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StivnQ for this post:
  • wormtail39
(05-11-2021, 04:27 PM)StivnQ Wrote: The proof

I have played 5 games/runs and haven't noticed a single hick-ups yet.
Although people have been saying there are some - similar to the AB+.

BTW The games feel ''newer'', if feels comfortably awkward playing it  
The best 10+ usd I have spent this year, lol.

P.S. If by any chance you have UK game (aka EU version), you'll have to wait for a quite some time, according to Reddit.
awsome! why will i have to wait with the uk version? and ab+ played like butter on the switch only lagged when had crazy item combos but it was completely fine even then!
From what I have heard @ wormtail39 it's the Nicalis' policy.
Or the company that made the NS release.

As for the lagging....the game could only lag with you having a poison effects, but it'll still be playable.

Actually, all those new stuff, all the new items, trinkets....even if you were watching the YT plays (and I did)....did nothing.
I still don't know what any of the new items do.
And you do have A PLENTY of them.
A lot of new challenges, secrets, endings....much much more (don't want to spoil some important things).

BTW I am sure, I personally, won't be reaching ''100%'' till the end  of the 2023  
And believe it or not, Ed (the game director) plans to add a lot of new things ''on top of the'' Repentance.
So it'll be a great neverending game 
Read the Rules, please.
  • wormtail39
(05-11-2021, 10:10 PM)StivnQ Wrote: From what I have heard @ wormtail39 it's the Nicalis' policy.
Or the company that made the NS release.

As for the lagging....the game could only lag with you having a poison effects, but it'll still be playable.

Actually, all those new stuff, all the new items, trinkets....even if you were watching the YT plays (and I did)....did nothing.
I still don't know what any of the new items do.
And you do have A PLENTY of them.
A lot of new challenges, secrets, endings....much much more (don't want to spoil some important things).

BTW I am sure, I personally, won't be reaching ''100%'' till the end  of the 2023  
And believe it or not, Ed (the game director) plans to add a lot of new things ''on top of the'' Repentance.
So it'll be a great neverending game 
haha tbh even if it lagged constantly and ran terribly i would still 100% get it! i mean its the binding of isaac! the holy grail of games!  but the news that it runs basically the same as antibirth + on the switch is joy to me! im so happy! i literally cannot wait to get it! im so excited! i found some videos online of it on the switch and i watched a bit and it looked AMAZING but i had to stop myself from watching anymore! which was so hard! but i dont wana spoil it for myself!  the suprise factor is half the fun but the new floors look awsome from a graphical standpoint! the wet floors with your relfection etc etc
Well, I'll spoil you one thing  

Graphically game looks amazing!!!
Extremely hard (on hard....normal's not for me).

Anyways, you know how to check on Repentance availability?
----->
Go to game, + on a Pro controller, go to Store....once the AB+ opens, scroll down a bit and Repentance should be there or not  
But the game would cost 20.00 GBP and that's much more than 20.00 USD/EUR, I know.
Nintendo's policy to almost never give any ''tasty'' discounts.
Read the Rules, please.
(27-05-2020, 09:27 PM)StivnQ Wrote: Hi!

I can't believe it!
I can't be the only Isaac-er here?
How come noone plays the golden gem?
Or I'm completely wrong?

Post here your stats, your screens, your experiences with the game.
I have played this game more than anything.
All together more than 5k hours - on four ''entertainment systems''.
I just like&love the game and can't wait for the next DLC finally comes out
@StivnQ i just bought and downloaded repentance for my switch! just did my first run!

my first impressions:
WOW this thing is fucking awsome literally everything seems to be overhauled, sound effects have been changed, more things have animations! so much is new i love it! even the movement seems smoother and nicer? 

Omg is it harder tho xD its waaaaay harder! even on like floor 1 its hard now xD i was upagainst this red fly that did some op attacks u wouldnt normally see till like floor 3 or 4, tho i am a bit out of practis xD but loveing it! 

so excited to play more! btw did they remove the quick restart? when i press down both the l sticks it doesent restart anymore?
@ wormtail39

Quick restart was a thing?
I mean on the Switch, lol.
I didn't even know this feature exists on the NS.
Will try it tomorrow.

BTW Believe it or not, I did my full run yesterday.
The first Repentance win ever = the game is H-A-R-D.
Trust me, I just can't wait to see us both collecting all the achievements.

I know I'll do that in 2025 AND Ed said he'll update this game regularly, so expect a lot lot lot more content (items, transformations, bosses, characters, etc)

P.S. You are playing on hard, right? 
Read the Rules, please.
  • wormtail39
(19-11-2021, 09:21 PM)StivnQ Wrote: @ wormtail39

Quick restart was a thing?
I mean on the Switch, lol.
I didn't even know this feature exists on the NS.
Will try it tomorrow.

BTW Believe it or not, I did my full run yesterday.
The first Repentance win ever = the game is H-A-R-D.
Trust me, I just can't wait to see us both collecting all the achievements.

I know I'll do that in 2025 AND Ed said he'll update this game regularly, so expect a lot lot lot more content (items, transformations, bosses, characters, etc)

P.S. You are playing on hard, right? 
yeah im playing on hard xD and it is  HARD omg lol but fml repentance is awsome! its really really fun! i can tell way more care went into the expansion than antibirth + it just so good! and oh sweet i thought this was it! but their gonna keep updateing it?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wormtail39 for this post:
  • StivnQ
Hint hint: Play today's daily, @ wormtail39 = that's an ORDER 
I had such a lovely time with it and you have to risk a bit to witness a phenomenal synergy.

As for the updating...if I tell you what I know and what we (you) can expect, you'd definitely be amazed.
We haven't seen a tiny bit, trust me.
Read the Rules, please.
  • wormtail39