Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Anyone still root their phones?

Subscribe to this thread
I was a big fan of rooting my phones a few years ago, but after buying a couple with locked bootloader I fell out of the habit.

I also bricked one or two, that made me more cautious. However, I just got a new one and feel the itch again. 

Any of yall still root your phone?
I used to do it like 15 years ago, when sony ericsson existed. Bought many baseband locked phones also and used to unlock them myself using a website named davinci???

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DA for this post:
  • Kenticus, Mr. James Bond
(07-02-2021, 11:50 AM)DA Wrote: I used to do it like 15 years ago, when sony ericsson existed. Bought many baseband locked phones also and used to unlock them myself using a website named davinci???
I've still got a bunch of rooting software and factory test tools from Samsung and LG, adb tools and scripts, stuff like that. Problem is, I lucked into a oneplus and haven't done one of those before. It's just pricey enough to make me nervous about bricking it.

I'll start playing with it soon. Just very carefully.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kenticus for this post:
  • DA
My phone, which I use now is rooted. It is Sam Note 10 Plus. Can't say, that root helped me a lot, it was more like for kernel and system apps deleting, and I payed a price... S.Pay 
I am no longer available to pay with S.Pay. 
  The previous year was more like final for rooting, cause lot of features are available even on non-rooted devices now. 
  And finally, the are no place for  sd-cards in new phones.
Nah. I am tired of it. Phones are too good already. I just use WhatsApp anyway.