Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Cracking and Hacking???

Subscribe to this thread
I am so confused these two words. I will be glad if someone help me out.
( Is "crack" meaning we are getting accounts from wordlists by tools and "hack" meaning we interfer other computers?).
Thank for your concern.
Someone (hacker) needs to "hack" someones computer or database of some website first. Secondly hacker collects username/passwords and all other data which database actually stores (like home address, phone number, e-mail, credit card number and various other personal data (depending of what the website collects and is stored into database)). In order that all those info became accessable to us as third thing he needs to publish them somewhere, share with someone or sell to someone.

I did never knew how and why parts of those databases actually go out into public being posted at various websites (rarely whole databases can be found and those are called "leaks").

What a cracker do is that he uses various tools to collect posted username/password combinations across the internet, put them into cracking tool and try each one as a combination to log into website he wants to crack. That process is called cracking.

In most cases crackers are not able to hack someones computer or a website as doing that (hacking) requires a lot more knowledge and skills compared to cracking. However, some crackers are skilled enough to do the hacking too.
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Mr. James Bond for this post:
  • cattyhouse, DA, JJ
(27-05-2019, 10:57 AM)Mr. James Bond Wrote: Someone (hacker) needs to "hack" someones computer or database of some website first. Secondly hacker collects username/passwords and all other data which database actually stores (like home address, phone number, e-mail, credit card number and various other personal data (depending of what the website collects and is stored into database)). In order that all those info became accessable to us as third thing he needs to publish them somewhere, share with someone or sell to someone.

I did never knew how and why parts of those databases actually go out into public being posted at various websites (rarely whole databases can be found and those are called "leaks").

What a cracker do is that he uses various tools to collect posted username/password combinations across the internet, put them into cracking tool and try each one as a combination to log into website he wants to crack. That process is called cracking.

In most cases crackers are not able to hack someones computer or a website as doing that (hacking) requires a lot more knowledge and skills compared to cracking. However, some crackers are skilled enough to do the hacking too.

Thank to you, I got it clearly how to differentiate. Your explaination is quite easy to understand.
Thanks @l Mr. 007 for the reply.

To crack a website, you must be able to make its configuration,without having it, you can't crack nothing.

Regards.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
(27-05-2019, 10:57 AM)Mr. James Bond Wrote: Someone (hacker) needs to "hack" someones computer or database of some website first. Secondly hacker collects username/passwords and all other data which database actually stores (like home address, phone number, e-mail, credit card number and various other personal data (depending of what the website collects and is stored into database)). In order that all those info became accessable to us as third thing he needs to publish them somewhere, share with someone or sell to someone.

That was worded very well! I appreciate your explanation buddy.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JJ for this post:
  • gxbferqa