Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Final LDC incident in France

Subscribe to this thread
Hi, fellow CS members

I created this topic because I would like to have your opinions about this event.

I'm from France, so I'm not really sure what was said about the incident around the stadium.

Can you enlighten me and give me your personal reaction?

Thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kaoxx287 for this post:
  • greengoblin69
Honestly, I don't think it even made the news over here (USA).
I had to google it to find out what you were referring to. 

To my understanding, thousands of people with fake tickets clogged the entry to the stadium, causing a 30 minute delay to the start of the match, before police used tear gas to disperse the crowd. 

Am I missing anything else that is relevant?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to greengoblin69 for this post:
  • kaoxx287
(01-06-2022, 11:28 PM)greengoblin69 Wrote: Honestly, I don't think it even made the news over here (USA).

To my understanding, thousands of people with fake tickets clogged the entry to the stadium, causing a 30 minute delay to the start of the match, before police used tear gas to disperse the crowd. 

Yeah, sadly you only have the official version which is far from the truth.

Our minister (Mr Darmanin) declared that the incidents (delay and acts of violence) were entirely due to the number of false tickets by the English supporters. He even advanced the crazy number of 40 000 false tickets which represents half the stadium.
Problem, the UEFA, meaning the people responsible for the event, declared only 2800 false tickets.

To explain quickly why this important member of our government lied openly (risking at the same time a diplomatic incident with Great britain) is because they are trying to hide what really happened.

Was there false tickets? Yes.
Was the organization catastrophic? Oh, yes. 
Were these the real problem? No.

Groups of 'racaille', meaning young people already known to the authorities for violence and trafficking, along with groups of foreign minors from Africa (who aren't true minors most of the time) gathered together and simply attacked the supporters after the match to steal them.

Not joking here.

Several english/spanish and french supporters testified that they fell into literal ambushs when they tried to rejoin the subway after the match. They were beaten by these groups and robbed without any help from the police.

A fair number of these groups of delinquants also jumped over the stadium barriers (numerous videos of them bypassing security are over the internet) and stoled english's tickets in front of everyone.

Security and police were completely overwhelmed. They blocked the entrance, preventing hundreds of english and spanish supporters from entering, and used tear gaz on groups of unfortunate folks who had paid their tickets (children were victim of that)

All in all, it was horrifying to watch, humiliating for us French, but not at all surprising as we know what our government tries to hide and foreign countries still don't realize.

France, and especially Paris, is dangerous. Much more than you may think. A few years ago, some news in the USA spoke of 'No go zone', in France. We laughed, denied but now it's a reality. Policemen are powerless to protect citizens and tourists even during this kind of event because our politics don't want to act against the perpetrators for political reasons as these populations now represents an important amount of potential voter.

I could try to explain why in details or give you a few more recent example you probably never heard before, but it's not the subject here.

All I can say is that the JO in Paris in 2024 are going to be impossible to properly secure. 

Many people were wounded, but there wasn't any death to deplore.

I'm not the only one saying that it won't be the same in 2 years for the JO if nothing is done. And, when you are more preoccupied with hiding the truth that every citizen knows than learning from you rmistakes to correct them, then there is no real hope to have.

You can reread this message in two years. I hope I will be wrong, but I doubt it.
(02-06-2022, 09:17 PM)kaoxx287 Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 11:28 PM)greengoblin69 Wrote: Honestly, I don't think it even made the news over here (USA).

Yeah, sadly you only have the official version which is far from the truth.

Our minister (Mr Darmanin) declared that the incidents (delay and acts of violence) were entirely due to the number of false tickets by the English supporters. He even advanced the crazy number of 40 000 false tickets which represents half the stadium.
Problem, the UEFA, meaning the people responsible for the event, declared only 2800 false tickets.

To explain quickly why this important member of our government lied openly (risking at the same time a diplomatic incident with Great britain) is because they are trying to hide what really happened.

Was there false tickets? Yes.
Was the organization catastrophic? Oh, yes. 
Were these the real problem? No.

Groups of 'racaille', meaning young people already known to the authorities for violence and trafficking, along with groups of foreign minors from Africa (who aren't true minors most of the time) gathered together and simply attacked the supporters after the match to steal them.

Not joking here.

Several english/spanish and french supporters testified that they fell into literal ambushs when they tried to rejoin the subway after the match. They were beaten by these groups and robbed without any help from the police.

A fair number of these groups of delinquants also jumped over the stadium barriers (numerous videos of them bypassing security are over the internet) and stoled english's tickets in front of everyone.

Security and police were completely overwhelmed. They blocked the entrance, preventing hundreds of english and spanish supporters from entering, and used tear gaz on groups of unfortunate folks who had paid their tickets (children were victim of that)

All in all, it was horrifying to watch, humiliating for us French, but not at all surprising as we know what our government tries to hide and foreign countries still don't realize.

France, and especially Paris, is dangerous. Much more than you may think. A few years ago, some news in the USA spoke of 'No go zone', in France. We laughed, denied but now it's a reality. Policemen are powerless to protect citizens and tourists even during this kind of event because our politics don't want to act against the perpetrators for political reasons as these populations now represents an important amount of potential voter.

I could try to explain why in details or give you a few more recent example you probably never heard before, but it's not the subject here.

All I can say is that the JO in Paris in 2024 are going to be impossible to properly secure. 

Many people were wounded, but there wasn't any death to deplore.

I'm not the only one saying that it won't be the same in 2 years for the JO if nothing is done. And, when you are more preoccupied with hiding the truth that every citizen knows than learning from you rmistakes to correct them, then there is no real hope to have.

You can reread this message in two years. I hope I will be wrong, but I doubt it.
Look at 'Paddy Pimblet' (the mma fighter)  interview, you will understand everything. It's terrifying.