Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] How do you cope with your depression ?

Subscribe to this thread
(18-12-2021, 01:32 PM)leteoclopez Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 05:53 PM)giaderzass Wrote: With covid locking most of the fun events and friends and travel opportunities away, scarcity of good paying jobs, property and rent skyrocketing ... no wonder some of us are coping with their depression. I would really like to know how CS members that feel non energetic towards most activities in their lives, try to push trough. What type of activities do you practice to break through your sadness, anger and frustration.

No wrong, taboo or perfect answers here. Speak your mind, nobody is judging.

Yeah, this is a very difficult stage. Depression is so common it is actually becoming the norm. And the worst is, it seems to be relentless, I can't really do much about it. When I was working and paying rent and bills I felt like a slave and felt pretty depressed, like a ghost. Life had become what I always dreaded when I was young. Now I live in a totally different way, basically just traveling and, no matter if I live feeling HAPPY for months, it only takes me a moment to go back to that depressed state, it feels as if it was my natural state and I just gravitate about it, falling irremediably into it no matter how far away I go from its center.
But going back to the question, I've realised that when I'm depressed I eat a lot of chocolate and masturbate a lot more. I do not want to have sex, I reject my girlfriend because I don't feel horny and I don't feel like getting intimate with anybody, but I masturbate.

Is it just me or the most common thing when guys are depressed they go for masturbation to get that extra dopamine hit. Once finished you are no longer horny and get more depressed with some post nut clarity trying to answer "What am I doing with my life?" "What did just I fap to ?".
1. Meds. No shame in talking to a psychiatrist and getting a prescription for meds to help with depression. A surprisingly large percent of adults are on anti-depressants. Life sucks and is all about finding meaning and joy where you can. If you need some meds to feel a little better, go for it.

2. Anime. Most animes have a much different feel to Hollywood movies and TV shows. They can make you laugh, cry, and genuinely feel something. Look for some emotional ones. Feeling something in general is the first step to being happy. A feeling of emptiness only leads downwards.

3. Onlines/Social games. Go play an MMO. Find a clan/guild/group. Being social and distracting yourself is huge in being happy.

4. Savor the moments when you feel something. I know it's hard, but when you're happy or sad or having fun, take a deep breath, look around, and realize you're enjoying yourself. Remember those moments.

It's easy to fall into a pit of despair and nothingness. The world around you sucks and life is pain. The only things worth living for are the joy and happiness you feel on your own or with people you care about that make you happy. The hard part is that you HAVE to make that YOURSELF. Nobody can make you happier without your consent. Distract yourself and find what makes you happy and savor that. Don't rush. Take it one step at a time and look forward to the next time. That's what gives life meaning.
I go for long walks to clear my mind, I  also have a hobby car detailing, which I enjoy and I channel all of my energy ,thus avoiding, a downwards spiral
Talk to people most important. Don’t go through it alone. Sometimes medicine is helpful as it could be hormonal. Life is not easy!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jake88 for this post:
  • dogeatsdog
Occupy your mind is good.

However it is a passive activity and we need active activities with a goal preferably.

That's why work is so important.

Meaning that watching tv all day is a good way to kill time, but not so sure it is effective against depression.

My advice: find something you are interested in, be it a manual activity, a sport or an intellectual discipline and try to fix some realistic goal.

Hope these few words helps a little.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kaoxx287 for this post:
  • dogeatsdog
Exercise helps.
I find running very boring and monotonous, but my mood is noticeably better if I've played sports or even take walks during the week.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dkanon for this post:
  • dogeatsdog
Happy hour and discussions with family.  Walking the dog after a long day.  And...beer...in moderation of course.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dogeatsdog for this post:
  • dkanon, giaderzass