Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] If you were Admin for a day what would you change in this forum ?

Subscribe to this thread
(09-01-2020, 11:55 AM)giaderzass Wrote: @ DA Whatever solution for cleaning up need to include the user of the appropriate rank for that section.
I kind of see how my suggestion could be flawed. A user could basically take an account use it for a year then report as dead and that won't count against his limit. This should not be a desired behavior.
A better solution is keep everything the way it is but add one condition when counting dead accounts subsection : if ( last time a user reported thread dead - first time the user replied to thread ) > ( 15 , 30 min, 1h ... whatever you want ) then limit++ . That means if the user has taken more than a certain amount of time to report account is dead after he's first reply, it will be counted against his limit. Since we are counting in the dead account section, it has already been confirmed by a staff member.
Also it would be nice if we could see that limit in the User Control Panel.
It would be a lot of work to do and the main question is if it is doable.

How can you judge that the account taken by the user was working or not working at the moment he took it? It could die after a year, after a month, after a week, after an hour, minute, second.

So, we need to check the accounts taken from 7500 members to introduce your system.

I think that the limit system is working as it should, we are giving the users 25 free accounts completely free of cost but after that, they need to contribut3.

CS needs trustful members, like the whole contributor, cracker, mod, supermod team.

All those guys has made it and that's why they are on their ranks.

Your suggestion is good but i still believe that our limit system is still better and to give you better possibilites, we have created a simple and easy rank sytem and because of this, i can see many users creating interested discussions in the general section because they can't crack. Hence, this shows us that to have a rank on CS, you don't need to crack, just be active.

Regards.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DA for this post:
  • giaderzass, hellintime
@ DA Thanks for the explanation, I now have a better understanding of how things work.

@ hellintime I fail to see how this is a complaint. We are discussing the rank system behind the forum and why it rules were made this way. I'm content with "how little I can have daily" and in no way I'm trying to "improve the free member one reply rule". Everything would be same, with the exception of if a user took an account and reported it dead in less than 30 min time and it was confirmed by a staff member to be  dead it won't get counted against his global account limit (In case of free members : 25 in total). This way users would help clean up the forum from dead accounts ( At the same 1 reply/day rule if you are a free member ) .

@ 454subash I thought CS Contributor rank had an global account limit. Thanks for clarifying.
@ DA the member system isnt simple, it's rather complicated. 

On my account it just shows "Member", but when I comment, it says "Newbie". (not Junior)

Instead why not have a simple Member and a simple Contributor system? Apart from the paid stuff, which too is complicated at Gold, Gold+, etc

Also have a system of warning, such as 1st error gives a warning, like if someone does not thank the OP properly give a warning. Many warnings should get a temporary ban followed by a perm ban. 

There is a ban on taking 2 accounts, but the method to check it is difficult AF, and is essentially in conflict with posting more. To check if I have taken the same account, I would have to see ALL the posts I have made, which may span multiple pages. 

Could there be a simpler method to check if I have this account or not? (Apart from the obvious of checking my saved passes, but I have many sources for my pass, and most of them are dead, and I'm too lazy to remove them)
GIADERZASS , you are right my unfamiliarity with English sometimes it makes me make mistakes in understanding the post sorry... like DA  said  implementing your suggestions would be too complicated and honestly that's fine for  me , great improvements have already been made think that until recently when a thread was reported dead it did not close automatically saving other users reply, but thanks anyway for your suggestion
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hellintime for this post:
  • DA
(10-01-2020, 10:20 PM)kshitij_it Wrote: @ DA the member system isnt simple, it's rather complicated. 

On my account it just shows "Member", but when I comment, it says "Newbie". (not Junior)

Instead why not have a simple Member and a simple Contributor system? Apart from the paid stuff, which too is complicated at Gold, Gold+, etc

Also have a system of warning, such as 1st error gives a warning, like if someone does not thank the OP properly give a warning. Many warnings should get a temporary ban followed by a perm ban. 

There is a ban on taking 2 accounts, but the method to check it is difficult AF, and is essentially in conflict with posting more. To check if I have taken the same account, I would have to see ALL the posts I have made, which may span multiple pages. 

Could there be a simpler method to check if I have this account or not? (Apart from the obvious of checking my saved passes, but I have many sources for my pass, and most of them are dead, and I'm too lazy to remove them)
@ kshitij_it I would explain in order
The system is simple if you read the rank system properly.

It shows correctly as member in your account as your a newbie in member category which is after JLM,again if you read the rank system you would have known,To become junior you must have posted 15 threads and gain more than 25 reputations.For gold + it has some additional benefits like prioritizing their requests first and others which is also clearly stated in gold benefits page.

We initially had simple system like you asked but all it did was promote leechers to take 100 accounts without doing anything worthy and juniors,seniors would also suffer from it as they do help us but are not rewarded quickly until they reach contributor and hence we made it as now they could get more accounts and senior can take 2 accounts per day and more accounts.This system is done also to help you guys who could have passes last long as if not people not wanting to waste single pass per day would login daily and take an account and make it get banned quicker.But now due to account restriction they could not do so.

The warning system is also there but it is for members who follow the rules correctly until then but make some blunders which cannot be overlooked,you could see even gold members get warned and get demoted.But for some one who never did anything right we would temp ban him,if he repeats perm ban.you could see the warning level on your post bit below joined and above country and also on your profile just below reputation and It does exactly as you described to temp and perm ban people.

The method to check is also easy if you know the correct way to search,go to posts in user cp just sort them through forum you could see it lists from forum you have posted and skipping pages would allow you to list every account you took in a single page and similarly you could skip pages to check the dead accounts of yours to again take it,Its not mostly necessary as if not its in members list it would be in dead accounts but sometime we change the thread to contributors or gold so it would be listed there,hence it is advisable to check it.

If you need more simple method than sorting you must note every account you took in the user cp note pad (update the notepad every time you note and remove the dead accounts from it).check whether the accounts works or else report it and then take another.It is actually troublesome to note accounts than sorting it in my opinion.

I hope I have cleared all your doubts,Thanks for asking as many people have these doubts and not have courage to ask.We appreciate it but next time please read all rules and clarification already given and then ask non explained things as it would save some time for both of us.Instead of questioning the system like we humans always do,try to understand why they are made.

If you have any more doubts,please feel free to comment here,we would always be willing to help you guys.
               Follow the Rules and Enjoy Crackingsoul.     
          Don't Ask for Accounts or Promotion Via PM,EARN IT.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to 454subash for this post:
  • DA, hellintime, kshitij_it, Mr. James Bond, shenmue, wormtail39
Thank you for the reply!

This is the best forum I have been on, and indeed the pass would last longer if there are more restrictions.

Cheers!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kshitij_it for this post:
  • DA, shenmue