Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Who's right? who's wrong? Will Smith or Chris Rock?

Subscribe to this thread
At this year's Oscars, Will Smith slaps Chris Rock in the ear. What do you think about that?

I think Will Smith was wrong.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Broody65 for this post:
  • dogeatsdog, venom404
(02-04-2022, 10:13 AM)Broody65 Wrote: At this year's Oscars, Will Smith slaps Chris Rock in the ear. What do you think about that?

I think Will Smith was wrong.

For the most part I agree, though I think both played a part.  Although it might not be a popular opinion, there is part of me that thinks it might have been staged by the two for publicity.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dogeatsdog for this post:
  • Broody65
I think Will Smith  is right .
I think Chris Rock had it coming. Not because he said something outrageous or because this kind of joke is too much.

No, simply because as someone not from the USA, I have a lot of trouble understanding this way of 'roasting' each other meaning telling offensive joke. I saw a video not long ago about a blond comedian doing a joke on Steve'O recently deceased friend. The whole audience was chocked, no one was laughing. It was really painful to watch.

So, I think it was just a matter of time before one of the target for this kind of joke to retaliate.

However, Will Smith still got physical in front of cameras.

Something that shouldn't and can't be tolerated especially in our society where a few ten years old tweets can have your fired.

If words on the internet or declarations can get you fired, violence must cost you at the very least just as much
Will is wrong for doing it on live TV. If you got a problem with what was said, confront him in private.
Violence should never be the answer. Comedians have had it hard enough with all the "woke" stuff going on.

Cant say shit nowadays without offending some Minority/Age/Gender. 

All that Will Smith did was a violent way to censor even more Comedians.

I highly recommend watching Chris' new Netflix Special, especially the last part, best Mic drop in a while imho.
Will Smith lost his composure, no question he is in the wrong from my point of view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dkanon for this post:
  • Psychadelic