Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] tor vs other

Subscribe to this thread
i  like tor browser to surf internet , don't replace the vpn but the search is  not  censored and also  more creative with the homepage    what do think about it ?

Quote:https://imgur.com/n9Cu1Gd
I read in some blogs one might become a person of interest (for you know who) if someone is using tor browser or network. Would it be true?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kocige for this post:
  • hellintime
I have actually never used Tor.
Many sites ''ban tor'' in its entirety.

Actually I have used it, for I don't know <60 seconds, didn't enjoy using it so I quitted.
All I know about Tor is that it's hidding some of your private data, doesn't do this and that, and that's it.

I will Google for the details, but can anyone tell me a thing or two...
Is it that necessary to use Tor or most of us can live without it?

Thank you in advance! 
Read the Rules, please.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StivnQ for this post:
  • hellintime
My understanding is that the Tor browser is a more secure browser that you can use for the same reasons you'd use a VPN. It's mostly about privacy and anonymity. The added "feature" with Tor is that you can visit .onion links which gives you access to parts of the dark web. I'm pretty sure Tor was originally made for that purpose alone and the extra features for privacy came later. If you're surfing the dark web, Tor is pretty much a "must have". If you just want a private browsing experience, Tor is among the best for that purpose, although there are a few other options. I can't speak about which are better than others, because it mostly comes down to personal preference.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KuriusGeorgLoPez for this post:
  • hellintime
(17-11-2020, 01:57 AM)KuriusGeorgLoPez Wrote: My understanding is that the Tor browser is a more secure browser that you can use for the same reasons you'd use a VPN. It's mostly about privacy and anonymity. The added "feature" with Tor is that you can visit .onion links which gives you access to parts of the dark web. I'm pretty sure Tor was originally made for that purpose alone and the extra features for privacy came later. If you're surfing the dark web, Tor is pretty much a "must have". If you just want a private browsing experience, Tor is among the best for that purpose, although there are a few other options. I can't speak about which are better than others, because it mostly comes down to personal preference.

thank you for the detailed explanation, I share it
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hellintime for this post:
  • KuriusGeorgLoPez
At the end of the day it all comes to how user friendly the system is. Chrome is well sorted and easy to use. 
Also, tor is a bit slow while browsing few websites.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to masterjacker17 for this post:
  • hellintime