Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Suggestion] Expiring Membership Warning

Subscribe to this thread
I suggest that a 1 week or at least a couple of days warning PM be sent before actual expiration date (as actually experiencing an expired membership is really a pain).

I second my suggestion since I just figured out that your inbox crashes and has to be cleaned out before asking for help if you go into expired.    
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to hatch for this post:
  • 454subash, hssc11045, Mr. James Bond, polar99, rawbat
(19-02-2021, 11:30 PM)hatch Wrote: I suggest that a 1 week or at least a couple of days warning PM be sent before actual expiration date (as actually experiencing an expired membership is really a pain).

I second my suggestion since I just figured out that your inbox crashes and has to be cleaned out before asking for help if you go into expired.    
Thanks for the suggestion, i will take this in the consideration.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
I like this suggestion. Thank you @hatch
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mr. James Bond for this post:
  • DA, hatch
For what my opinion is worth, I think that is a great idea.....especially for us older members who sometimes.........................forget things
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hssc11045 for this post:
  • DA
I have a suggestion on how to implement, but I don't want to seem pushy or know it all.  In fact, I don't know much about MyBB, but there is a field that doesn't seem to be used that could be repurposed for this - maybe.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hatch for this post:
  • DA
If technically possible I am sure @ DA is going to implement this.
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr. James Bond for this post:
  • DA
Ok, here goes (remember I don't know MyBB).

Cracking Soul does not use the birthday field on each user's profile.  I do not know how DA (or whomever) keeps up with user expiration dates, but I would think a simple script (either within MyBB or outside of MyBB) could be written to transfer expiration dates (minus a warning delta - maybe 3 days or 1 week) and populate each user's birthday field.  Since MyBB already generates the expiration PM, I believe it could generate a birthday PM also (just rewrite the birthday message to be an expiration warning message).

A side benefit would be that each user will be able to monitor approaching their expiration date (or warning date) by looking in their profile.  It might even be possible to rename birthday field to expiration date (or warning date)  on user profile. 

Just a suggestion.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hatch for this post:
  • Mr. James Bond
It is a plugin which auto expires the users when the subscription ends, so, in this case, this plugin should be modified and i don't know if the DEV who created is ready to do this.

The idea is a very good idea, in this way the users can be informed that their subscription has been expiring in the next "X" days.

Let me see what can be done.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DA for this post:
  • hatch, Mr. James Bond

(19-02-2021, 11:30 PM)hatch Wrote: I suggest that a 1 week or at least a couple of days warning PM be sent before actual expiration date (as actually experiencing an expired membership is really a pain).

It is a genious idea actually. Even though i dont have Gold subscription because Euro is too much high currency on my country and this makes Gold membership tooooo expensive for me, this should be very handy for Gold members, so thank you for your clever idea my friend 

Edit. I cant thank your topic right now because of 24hr restriction but as i said, it is a genious idea
Being a wagecuck is harder than you think....