Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[Suggestion] Replace width x height image fields by scale percentage

Subscribe to this thread
I think those width x height image fields are useless coz ppl have no idea what w and h they should enter for their img to be in the right scale, 

And nobody want to post distorted pictures

My suggestion is that those fields are replaced by a scale percentage field, a percentage scale slider would be even better

continuing...

So that we can resize our images, make them smaller but at the right scale
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sksrew for this post:
  • StivnQ
I agree with @ sksrew, but I'd like to add my suggestions too.
Hope you don't mind, bud.

I remember the time when I also didn't know the meanings of those ''abbreviations''.
My ''addon'' is, if possible, to add a commonly used resolutions (please be so kind and see attachment ''Resolutions'')
Where ''Custom'' is for the advanced users - you can manually type the resolution (see the attachment ''Custom'').

Thank you.
Read the Rules, please.
(29-08-2020, 07:56 AM)StivnQ Wrote: I agree with @ sksrew, but I'd like to add my suggestions too.

I remember the time when I also didn't know the meanings of those ''abbreviations''.
My ''addon'' is, if possible, to add a commonly used resolutions (please be so kind and see attachment ''Resolutions'')
Where ''Custom'' is for the advanced users - you can manually type the resolution (see the attachment ''Custom'').

Thank you.

I'm down to any suggestion as long as img aspect ratio is locked

My goal is to lock aspect ratio and keep images at the right scale
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sksrew for this post:
  • StivnQ
(29-08-2020, 07:56 AM)StivnQ Wrote: I agree with @ sksrew, but I'd like to add my suggestions too.

Thank you.

faststone editor has a resize option like that, and they automatically fix aspect ratio:
if we choose 800x600 it fixes to 800x385
(29-08-2020, 07:23 AM)sksrew Wrote: I think those width x height image fields are useless coz ppl have no idea what w and h they should enter for their img to be in the right scale, 

My suggestion is that those fields are replaced by a scale percentage field, a percentage scale slider would be even better

continuing...

Thanks for the suggestion. That function is the default MyBB editor function and honestly i never used it, because i download the image and upload to CS and this is what i have been always suggesting to do.

Because uploading the pics to CS directly will automatically give it/them the standard format without using those functions.

And i've been never contacted by any member who had problems with those "width" and "height" functions.

All the images should have the same format and that is what i have tried to do in the last weeks after the suggestion from @kocige

Using the width and height, you will never have the same image format on the forum.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
(30-08-2020, 10:16 AM)DA Wrote:
(29-08-2020, 07:23 AM)sksrew Wrote: I think those width x height image fields are useless coz ppl have no idea what w and h they should enter for their img to be in the right scale, 

continuing...

Thanks for the suggestion. That function is the default MyBB editor function and honestly i never used it, because i download the image and upload to CS and this is what i have been always suggesting to do.

Because uploading the pics to CS directly will automatically give it/them the standard format without using those functions.

And i've been never contacted by any member who had problems with those "width" and "height" functions.

All the images should have the same format and that is what i have tried to do in the last weeks after the suggestion from @kocige

Using the width and height, you will never have the same image format on the forum.

if we upload directly or use that function the image shows too big, and we need extra work to check img dimension to enter small values at the right scale, it basically discourages ppl to post pictures
(30-08-2020, 11:21 AM)sksrew Wrote:

continuing...

if we upload directly or use that function the image shows too big, and we need extra work to check img dimension to enter small values at the right scale, it basically discourages ppl to post pictures

Not true.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
(30-08-2020, 11:23 AM)DA Wrote:
(30-08-2020, 11:21 AM)sksrew Wrote:

continuing...

Not true.

u know wt, just close it, I just realized I can use some apps to resize my images instead of rely on mybb to do it 4 me, it's more handy

On pc I use faststone capture, it does the job very well
I think you aren't a big fan of MyBB software but it does everything one would like to expect from it.

I allow you to make a test thread and post pictures there by uploading them directly to CS using the attachment function and you will see what i meant to say in my psots above.

Closing and moving it.