Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[Suggestion] make instant chat box more attractive

Subscribe to this thread
i think you should make that little chat box more attractive in order to attract more ppl to it, some advice:

1 - when it comes to instant messaging ppl don't give a F about date, replace date by min/hours ago just like facebook, it will be more attractive

2 - make that message box looks message box from mobile apps, like i did, a white box, with grey "ENTER your message"

3 - i suggest SQUARE avatar and don't centralize the nickname, put it next to your avatar, it looks weird centralized nickname

4 - change min/ hours text to pure white, not gray

5 - and less important, it would be good if the text boxes were all "chat balloon" shaped, but i don't think you gonna do it.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to sksrew for this post:
  • hellintime, Mr. James Bond
I personally find it in its essential practice and attractiveness
in the past i think gifs were missing but the thing has been solved
I don't like those of social media, graphically too much as kids
I don't think it's abandoned, just maybe users who don't have anything to say don't post
even if it was more beautiful graphically I wouldn't post the same just to say hello
even though I don't have anything backwards when others do that
but that's just my opinion

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to hellintime for this post:
  • DA, sksrew
(10-08-2020, 07:05 AM)hellintime Wrote: I personally find it in its essential practice and attractiveness
I don't think it's abandoned, just maybe users who don't have anything to say don't post
even if it was more beautiful graphically I wouldn't post the same just to say hello

you're right, at least min/hours ago feature would be good

(10-08-2020, 07:05 AM)hellintime Wrote: I personally find it in its essential practice and attractiveness

i guess it could be improved in order to get live support from online staff at least, it should have a quote icon like whatsapp to reply to someone, notification sound and notification popping up on my browser, this mybb forum model has so much potential, sadly those devs working at it suck, i could make it a great forum design
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sksrew for this post:
  • hellintime
As already replied by @ hellintime , if we make it more attractive it won't attract more people to chat on shoutbox.

People are addicted to see whatsapp and facebook overall, it would really kill the originality of the forum. The forum must not look like whatsapp or facebook.

The MyBB team is concentrated to make the MyBB software secure, for this reason, they don't care about the attractiveness.

And nothing is abandoned on CS, when this will happen, CS will not be online anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion, i will be checking what can be done and when it can be done.

Regards.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to DA for this post:
  • hellintime, sksrew
(10-08-2020, 04:53 AM)sksrew Wrote: i think you should make that little chat box more attractive in order to attract more ppl to it, some advice:

1 - when it comes to instant messaging ppl don't give a F about date, replace date by min/hours ago just like facebook, it will be more attractive DONE.

2 - make that message box looks message box from mobile apps, like i did, a white box, with grey "ENTER your message"

3 - i suggest SQUARE avatar  Done and don't centralize the nickname, put it next to your avatar, it looks weird centralized nickname I like it it more in the center, i have made the avatars look small and added some other settings..

4 - change min/ hours text to pure white, not gray Done

5 - and less important, it would be good if the text boxes were all "chat balloon" shaped, but i don't think you gonna do it.

Modifications in red made.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DA for this post:
  • sksrew
Plus for suggestion no.1

Definitely minus for suggestion no.5.

Thank you for all suggestions!
Please read forum rules carefully before making your first posts.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mr. James Bond for this post:
  • sksrew
(11-08-2020, 12:23 AM)Mr. James Bond Wrote: Plus for suggestion no.1

Definitely minus for suggestion no.5.

Thank you for all suggestions!
@ sksrew i think this can be considered as done and moved.

What are your opinions?

(23-08-2020, 05:48 PM)DA Wrote: @ sksrew i think this can be considered as done and moved.

What are your opinions?

my only complain is that in mobile version it doesnt show min/hours but this might be due to space available, overall desktop version is good
SB isn't supposed to be there on mobile version but i left it somehow.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Moved.