Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Tutorial] Uploading Images to your threads and replies

Subscribe to this thread
Threads with images/pics look cool

While we can add the image from external sites with their link address, the image will not load if the hosting website changes the link address or if the link is restricted to be accessed from other sites.

So the other way of adding the images is to upload files directly to the forum. Uploading images might look intimidating at first. My first thread with images was a total mess and I see a lot of user struggle to add the image to their threads/replies. So I decided to create this thread to help people like me who struggle initially with image uploading.

If the image you want to upload in from another site, first you need to download the image.

Downloading the image image you like

Right click on the image you want to download and click on "Save image as" and store in you computer. If you are not a regular downloader, keep in mind which folder you are saving the image. You ll need to remember it while uploading.

Steps to upload and add images to your thread/replies

1. Below the text editor, you can find the Attachments section. 

2. In the Attachments section click on "Choose Files" button. It will open the File explorer, where you can select the image file you want to upload. Now click the "Add Attachment" button. This upload the images to server. If you post thread now it will added only as an attachment in footer. Follow the next steps add it to your thread.

3.  Once the attachment is uploaded, Attachments section will look like this

4. To add the the image to your thread, place the cursor in editor where you want to insert the image and click on "Insert Into Post". Now the editor will get some text inserted like [attachment=xxx], xxx -> represents some numbers

5. Now click on Preview post. You should be able to see the preview above the editor.

6. If you find the image is being too large in the preview, you can resize it according to your thread's need. Refer to the below videos for resizing the images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk2jV9yoJXQ - Windows using MS Paint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV5LHy88N14 - Linux using Pinta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeWX9yCbzI - Mac using Preview

7. There is also some upload size limit for each file. I think its 500kb per file (not sure). Resizing is also a easier way to drop the image size.

8. Once the image is resized, you need to upload the resized image again.

If your resized image is saved in same name, you need to use the "Update Attachment" after choosing the image file (like Step 2).

If your resized image is saved in different name (like image-1.jpeg or image-copy.jpeg), you can use "Add attachment". But remember to remove the old attachment in "Attachments section" and its reference in the post and follow Step 4 to Insert image into the post.

9. Once the resize attachment upload is done, click on preview post and check the post. If you feel the post looks good, hit "Post Thread"

Now we have a thread with beautiful images

Finally, Its a good practice to use a "trusted" vpn for uploading images.

Thank you if have reached this far.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kocige for this post:
  • DA, newaki
  50 CSC donated, thanks for this.

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.