Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Poll: what plugin do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
shoutbox plugin
50.00%
4 50.00%
dropdown plugin
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

notifcation via shoutbox vs mention with dropdown feature, what plugin do you prefer?

Subscribe to this thread

@ DA has 2 notification plugins, each one with their pros and cons:

shoutbox plugin:
pros: you receive notification via alert when mentioned in shoutbox, useful when want to alert someone who is online
cons: dropdown list won't appear after type @, you have to write whole username

dropdown plugin:
pros: useful because we don't need to write whole username, a dropdown box will appear
cons: won't receive notification via alert when someone is mentioned in shoutbox
* you can mention someone via alert in shoutbox if you click on their avatar in shoutbox, if members avatar are not shown in shoutbox you can't

After reading pros and cons what plugin do you think is more important to the forum?

@ sksrew, , @ scott2hotty80,  @ wormtail39, @nihilly, @rufem1, @SilverCandy, @Renegade, @toorbooter1!, @luisfsl,  @ pif, @cannonfudder, @ KingBoricuaJ21, @Takeahint,  @someguy2222, @ jacob51554, @kombatzero,  @rawbat,  @ hellintime, @Satyr213, @metronom, @blackcat666,  @ ELECTRICPOP, @Thegreekkk, @SlimShady1001, @tangocharlie, @Jarod78,  @ KuriusGeorgLoPez, @goldielox, @Maven777, @mikefromtheuk,  @ hssc11045,  @ 454subash, @JohnWK, @jeedee,  @ tottato2002, @Heart_147, @sankatoboy, @mlisa11,  @newaki,  @ tottato2002, @Heart_147, @sankatoboy,  @JoeBaloneyXXX, @mlisa11,  @newaki,  @Crackerbob, @Antztheplayer, @cpcaperez, @carcano, @ Carlo91,  @Amazigh, @hope3421, @covid19 @Mr. James Bond, @ Naufal, @shenmue, @ kshitij_it, @ebbeen, @ giaderzass, @radioguy33
Both plugins have great pros, would be great if combining was an option but that kind of coding is over my head LOL

Shoutbox Plugin is nice to get someones attention quickly (especially if staff is online and needed)
@ DA can you provide me with those plugins. I think I can program it to combine the two pros of both the plugins.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to toorbooter1! for this post:
  • Antztheplayer
 i dont think you have fully grasped the consequences of not haveing the drop down menu for @tting people lmao half the usernames are impossible to remember, in the day or so that we had the shoutbox menu and the dropdown (autocomplete) of the @ system removed i had to have so many cracking soul tabs open just to find out if peoples names were correct to be @tted. Atting is such an important part of forums likes these and its made impossible without the autocomplete of names. Additionaly shoutbox is just for chitchat if it was possible to have both plugins that would be great but the need of the drop down far far exceeds the need for shoutbox notifcations. As @ sksrew seems to have @tted half the site lol i woulda thought he would understand the importance of the dropdown/auto complete.

Both plugins are installed on forum and both are working, the autocomplete function is the most important one and it won't be un-installed, the other one, which only sends ONE notification if someone is mentioning ONE on shoutbox, isn't that important one. CS lived without it and can live without it.

Unless someone is from Mybb team here, nobody will be getting their hands over any plugins here, just to make it clear.

But @ sksrew and @toorbooter1! you guys have pretty much good experience with plugins, right?

Old thread

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.
I don't have any problem with the plugins. Just wanted to address that @newaki 's suggestion was possible to implement
(04-10-2020, 09:46 AM)wormtail39 Wrote:  i dont think you have fully grasped the consequences of not haveing the drop down menu for @tting people lmao half the usernames are impossible to remember, in the day or so that we had the shoutbox menu and the dropdown (autocomplete) of the @ system removed i had to have so many cracking soul tabs open just to find out if peoples names were correct to be @tted. Atting is such an important part of forums likes these and its made impossible without the autocomplete of names. Additionaly shoutbox is just for chitchat if it was possible to have both plugins that would be great but the need of the drop down far far exceeds the need for shoutbox notifcations. As @ sksrew seems to have @tted half the site lol i woulda thought he would understand the importance of the dropdown/auto complete.

most of them were mentioned by copying full members online list and @tted on notepad, but I must admit I had to add some users in the end manually and shoutbox plugin was time saving.
It's good you mentioned the importante of the dropdown plugin to the staff,
as for ordinary members it's not that important:
- we don't usually mention a lot of people
- we are used to mention users on "bird social media" without dropdown showing
- if we want something from some member we copy their username

worth mentioning also dropdown plugin is useful to mention big usernames

(04-10-2020, 10:36 AM)DA Wrote: Both plugins are installed on forum and both are working, the autocomplete function is the most important one and it won't be un-installed, the other one, which only sends ONE notification if someone is mentioning ONE on shoutbox, isn't that important one. CS lived without it and can live without it.

Unless someone is from Mybb team here, nobody will be getting their hands over any plugins here, just to make it clear.

But @ sksrew and @toorbooter1! you guys have pretty much good experience with plugins, right?

Old thread

he's the one saying that.

I said that in Old thread because that's how all javascript work
if new value = something
Notification = true
If its one of two,Then notification all the way.There is only one shoutbox right at the front,if you need you can easily scroll and find but threads aren't same,there are many sub topics and if we wrongly used @,people may not know unless they manually search every thread which is why we decided to change it back.we also have clicking the avatar would mention them which is helpful to chat with active people only,if you need to chat with non online people then just use PMs.
Also don't mention everyone.
               Follow the Rules and Enjoy Crackingsoul.     
          Don't Ask for Accounts or Promotion Via PM,EARN IT.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 454subash for this post:
  • DA
If we can both the Pros as mentioned from above that would be great. Otherwise if I had to chose, Dropdown box
User won't be able to get any notifications anymore because he has been banned for not following the rules.

Closed and moved!

Please don't spam my inbox, if i'm not replying, i'm not online and i haven't read your pm. Thanks a lot for understanding.