Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:

[Gaming] New PS5 controller

Subscribe to this thread
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/...station-5/

Thoughts??

I hate it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kshitij_it for this post:
  • Haaz6969
A few thoughts...
Ergonomics: Finally Sony has put ergonomics ahead of their design ethos, resulting in a larger grip, similar to the Xbox controller. I much prefer the Xbox One controller over the DualShock 4. I think this is a great choice.
Haptics: Haptic feedback sounds very interesting, but we'll have to wait and see how good the hardware is and how developers put it to use. Apple has made a lot of investment in haptics on their iPhones and MacBooks, and although there are noticeable differences (and a nicer experience), in the long run, it hasn't been anything revolutionary.
Color: The color looks terrible in my opinion, especially if there is going to be just one standard color offering. There are no green triangle, red circle, blue cross, and pink square buttons. I think it would be a nice design for a limited edition controller, but not for the standard one.
Mic array: I would not use voice chat without a headset, and most headsets have a mic. I also have doubts about its noise rejection capabilities from button smashing. It does open the capability to offer some unique features like always-on voice control, but then there are privacy concerns.
There was no mention of networking/wireless technology or if they're planning to reduce input lag (like how Xbox said they would). Where Xbox has gone with a conservative approach to controller re-design, Sony is taking a lot more risk. Whether it will pay off or not, only time will tell. But it surely makes the controllers more interesting.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to covid19 for this post:
  • DA
Interesting thoughts mate!
Agree with most, cant say about ergonomics tho until I get them in my hands.

Dont like the design tho, seems bland.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kshitij_it for this post:
  • covid19
Won't really know until I try it but thought they could make it completely different and not play it safe, jazz it up a bit make it look completely futuristic.
I like the dual tone look and the new haptic feedback.

Can't really tell until I try it.
i think it sounds a little creepy lol so its gonna be measuring my heartrate and how much i sweat? dunno how i feel about that in this is age of data collection! im not saying sony will do anything dodgy with it but u know we have alexa listening to everything in our homes, we have cameras on our tvs, computers and now we have controllers that measure our heart rate and sweat output lol its just an odd and creepy world we are moveing towards. But mainly i just think its unessisary lol id rather they removed the heartrate and sweat moniters and gave us a bit more memory on the ssd.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to wormtail39 for this post:
  • covid19, DA
(01-05-2020, 05:46 PM)wormtail39 Wrote: i think it sounds a little creepy lol so its gonna be measuring my heartrate and how much i sweat?
They haven't revealed this as a feature yet, right? As far as I knew, this was only one of the patents that they filed.
(02-05-2020, 01:36 AM)covid19 Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:46 PM)wormtail39 Wrote: i think it sounds a little creepy lol so its gonna be measuring my heartrate and how much i sweat?
They haven't revealed this as a feature yet, right? As far as I knew, this was only one of the patents that they filed.
ahh you might be right there i just watched a video on it and i think it said it was a pattent they had for it
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wormtail39 for this post:
  • covid19
(02-05-2020, 09:47 AM)wormtail39 Wrote:
ahh you might be right there i just watched a video on it and i think it said it was a pattent they had for it

Isn't it irony that we crack accounts here and talk about privacy ?

Nothing is safe on internet , It was made to share information not protect it.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Babua10 for this post:
  • DA, kshitij_it, wormtail39
(02-05-2020, 02:01 PM)Babua10 Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 09:47 AM)wormtail39 Wrote:

Isn't it irony that we crack accounts here and talk about privacy ?

Nothing is safe on internet , It was made to share information not protect it.

The irony got me xD