Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Amazon prime videos

Subscribe to this thread
Hello CS family.. I need a lil help. I have Amazon prime videos subscription. But there are certain movies that are not available for my region. Using vpn for that country still doesn't work. Any idea how do I watch those certain movie?.. Searched whole web.. Only watchable/downloadable links were amazon prime UK.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to masterjacker17 for this post:
  • DA, franklim, kocige
@masterjacker17
Hey MJ!

To be honest I don't know the answer, but this doesn't mean I can not try to help you.

Now, I am a total noob with this, but I have ''my own VPN'' - paid one (the reviews say it's one of the best ones out there).
Can I check this somewhere and somehow for you On some free sites?

No, I am not asking you to give me your Amazon Prime sub credentials, but if there is a way for me to help me, please do not hesitate asking.
I am here for you MJ
Read the Rules, please.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to StivnQ for this post:
  • DA, masterjacker17
@StivnQ I also have a vpn. Suppose when I try to connect to UK. In netflix i get extra content which were previously not available in my region and loose few of my own region contents. But with Amazon prime videos. Nothing happens
@masterjacker17 Do you really need to use UK VPN?
Can it be i.e. USA?

P.S. I know your country is located far away from the USA (it's closer to the UK), but still....

P.P.S. I assume you have Googled for it, but it appears Amazon Prime causes a lot of problems for people using the vpn :_dunno:
Read the Rules, please.
What VPN are you using?
I used nord VPN. 
I haven't tried it on browser though. I am using through the app. May be amazon prime app still thinks I am in my country rather than the desired country i am connected with the vpn
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to masterjacker17 for this post:
  • StivnQ
It may be, but please try using the PC and actual browser.
In case you will be able to do it via the browser, please consider writing to their (NordVPN's Customer Support) - even via the Chat option.
Because this is something that NEEDS to be fixed.

In case the Nord guys say anything but ''thank you for the bug report'', feel free to request the change.
Will give you an explaination....
The app should give you almost the same functionalities as the ''browser thing''.
Ergo....this could be a potential bug that needs to be fixed.

If they want, they can fix it in 24-48 hours.
Don't ask how I know.
Even a small group of people (<6) can find where the bug is and fix it.
All they need is a bit of focusness and co-working
Read the Rules, please.
I think amazon has different servers for different regions. It might be because a person in us pays differently money than the one in UK and my own country. Also the movie which i am looking for is not that top rated movie that it will be shared with all countries. But haven't tried with the browser till. Will let you know what happens
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to masterjacker17 for this post:
  • StivnQ
From what I've experienced, Amazon does a lot to try and stop people from using VPNs on their services. In my opinion, the most likely cause of your issue is that your Amazon prime account itself is tied to a specific country. The servers are different and for example you'd sign up for an account on "amazon.com" but someone in another country uses a totally separate version of Amazon. What I've been told is that Amazon remembers this and ties your account to a specific country. While you could create a new account while on the VPN in a different country, you would need to purchase prime again for each account...I'm pretty sure this is intended on Amazon's end and not an issue with your VPN. Like I said, Amazon works hard to stop people from bypassing their country restrictions because of currency issues on the different country's stores.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to KuriusGeorgLoPez for this post:
  • masterjacker17
Most of the good content is found on all regions where amazon prime operates. Its the regional, independent content that is only found on that particular region may be because they buy the rights at a low price and knows no one might watch it anywhere else than that particular region. for eg: no one will watch a small independent spanish film outside spain so why put that show on other country's feed. But if it becomes hit then it will be added just like this years oscar winning film parasite. No one knew what it was beforehand and suddenly you see high promotion for it on amazon also added a dubbed version.