Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Buying a NAS, any suggestions?

Subscribe to this thread
I'm tired of all the external USB drives and want to go for a more solid solution like a NAS for storing all my stuff. 

What type (Synology, WD, etc) do you guys use and can you recommend me anything? It is mainly for storage.
NAS are really shite. and expensive for no reason. 

Instead re-purpose an old laptop or old PC or buy a used PC to be a NAS. It would have plenty of power as well as scope for expansion. You can do much more with a pc than a NAS.

If you need something idiot proof, get a NAS aka just dump data. But if you want it to be cheaper and faster, get a PC
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to kshitij_it for this post:
  • DA, ebbeen, pacogerte
(21-01-2020, 09:32 PM)kshitij_it Wrote: NAS are really shite. and expensive for no reason. 

Instead re-purpose an old laptop or old PC or buy a used PC to be a NAS. It would have plenty of power as well as scope for expansion. You can do much more with a pc than a NAS.

If you need something idiot proof, get a NAS aka just dump data. But if you want it to be cheaper and faster, get a PC

Thanks ksitij_it for your insights. I do like the out-of-the box principle of a NAS, but I see your point
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ebbeen for this post:
  • kshitij_it