Hello Guest
Click here to register in a few simple steps to enjoy all features of our Crackingforum. Using fake emails for registration will lead to a permanent ban.

Crackingforum - Best Cracking Forum - Cracking Soul

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:

[General Discussion] Can you recommend a good TV series ?

Subscribe to this thread
I am going to watch MANDALORIAN season 2 but after that I don't have anything interesting to watch. Can you recommend a good TV series ?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to metronom for this post:
  • kshitij_it, RomperOff
Recently watched Queens Gambit and The Undoing and I thought both were really really good.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tulenol for this post:
  • kshitij_it
The Wire

Great show. It's a crime drama tv show based in the city of Baltimore, Maryland. 
The show focuses around the stories of both the drug dealers and some of the other people living there, including the cops and the junkies. The show depicts the crumbling infrastructures (both literally and metaphorically) of Baltimore, also showing an entire season based on the failing school system that keeps children out in the streets slanging dope and shooting guns. It does very well to show the problems in Baltimore, both culturally and politically. The TV show also shows the evolution of criminal mind, as there is a new solution to a new problem that the law enforcement adds to the activities of the drug criminals.

In the first season, there is a huge conflict between the Barksdale drug ring (ran by Avon Barksdale) and the police, after Avon's nephew, D'Angelo, kills someone in a building around a housing project called "The Towers" and a civilian happens to witness it. The civilian, however, fails to to testify out of fear of retaliation. The story centers around members of the Barksdale crime ring, including D'Angelo and several other dealers and "soldiers" (who I will not name for spoiler's sake). It will also be based around Jimmy Mcnulty, who is a homicide detective trying to take down the Barksdale crime ring because of the killings in question. He holds more of a neutral view on the drug trade, understanding it's necessity for those who need to financially sustain themselves, but disagrees heavily with the vicious acts committed in order to gaining a profit.
It all depends on which type you have a desire to watch.
I.e. I, myself, mostly watch a **feel-good** tv-shows.

Here are a few (older, recent, newer ones)

In no specific order:

- Raising Hope   - I am a sucker for the family, life, friends show (ended)
- The Goldbers   (airing)
- Bob Hears Abishola - a truly magnificent love story (airing)
- Boy Meets Girl - most of you have probably watched it (ended)
- TBBT/HIMYM - probably the two most famous current tv-shows (ended)
- Boy Meets Girl - NOT for everyone - british life-comedy, a man (guy) finds his true love, an older (10-20 years older), lady who was born as a man - can't recall if she has done a transgression. This tv-show describes that if you love someone, NO-ONE not even your hard, rough, traditional family can stop you. Not gonna spoil this for you, but if you want to smile, to be happy, watch this one. BTW Not a single second of sex in it. I was actually amazed by this one
- comedies like Fresh of the boat, The Middle, Modern Family, and a bunch of new upcoming ones (have a list somewhere)

Honorable mentions (no specific order)

- Kevin (Probably) Saves The World - I really liked it
- Grey's Anatomy
- Baby Daddy
- The Ground Floor (back in the 2012-2013, this was my No1 tv-show ever - extremely cute, funny, goofy, lovely, cute again)
- Saving Hope - if you are into family comedies, GO FOR IT
- Heart Of Dixie
- Kevin From Work
- Being Mary Jane 
- The Real O'Neals - the main actor ''opens his closet gate'' and admits he is gay. His life, familly, school, everything. Beautiful story 
- The A Word - life with autism 
- Mary Jane 
- Imaginary Mary 
Read the Rules, please.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to StivnQ for this post:
  • ebbeen
Would definitely recommend Twin Peaks (seasons 1 and 2, haven't tried the third and most recent one yet). There's definitely some abstract ideas but it is a great watch, really well done.
you can try Young Sheldon
I recently completed Peaky Blinders,It was good.I don't know much about normal series but if you can watch anime,I can recommend more.
               Follow the Rules and Enjoy Crackingsoul.     
          Don't Ask for Accounts or Promotion Via PM,EARN IT.
I liked the Mandalorian also!

I think The Crown and Bridgerton are also good, but they're very different from the Mandalorian. Political drama/romance rather than space cowboys.
I liked The Boys on amazon prime.Season 1 was better .
For anime try Demon slayers.
Hunters - is a bit of a mixed bag because on one hand, it’s an incredible series with a pretty cool premise: in 1970s America, Nazi hunters discover that there’s a Fourth Reich being built in the United States; it’s their mission to stop it.

Money heist - When a team of nine criminals launch an audacious heist at Spain’s Royal Mint